Deck the hall (and everywhere else)



 I LOVE Christmas ! I love the anticipation, the excitement and the decorating.  I love the decorating!  This year as I'm no longer self employed I'm not so tired and distracted and it has become a pleasure again. We were really lucky to be sent a Christmas tree to review from Pines and Needles so the decorating started earlier than our usual week before Christmas, but today I finished it all off and I LOVE IT !




The tree has been in place for a couple of weeks now but is standing up well to the central heating, with minimal needle drop.  Its a real beauty.



The stockings are hung.  This will be a lifelong tradition in our home for my children no matter how old they are, where in the world they travel to, even when they have children of their own.  I want them to know there will always be a little bit of their childhood alive in our home.  Beautiful hand crafted stockings made for me by the very talented Nic from Exmouth.



Vintage glass baubles in a white company jar, silver metal stag and light.  Makes for a subtle Christmas display.




Over the years I have collected many Christmas decorations on my travels.  The simple ceramic angel was bought when my mum and I took Jacob to Lapland to see father Christmas when he was about 5 years old.  What a fantastic experience that was.  Unwrapping the decorations each year brings memories flooding back.


Another stag and more vintage glass baubles.  Both found for a song at a bootsale or charity shop.



Apologies for the quality of this photograph.  Hard to take pictures into the window light with a phone.


The "almost finished" new kitchen/dining room space is starting to take shape.



One of the new chairs for the dining table (if it ever arrives) and the only surviving Christmas cuddly that wasn't eaten by mice when the decorations were put in the garage in cardboard boxes one year.  Totally gutted as my wonderful white Minnie and Mickey mouse Christmas cuddles (bought in Florida during our honeymoon)  were eaten rather ironically by mice !


A corner of the dining room with Santas and berry scented candles, always a must at Christmas.


Another corner of the dining room.  Hubby made the wooden tree, we made them to sell in the shop.  Each tree had handmade advent bags.  I seem to have mislaid the set for this one so just decorated it instead with absolute bargain ceramic decorations from the Range.  They were 49p each ! Sure someone made an error with the pricing there !


Sofa in its temporary home until the new dining room table arrives and we can afford the furniture I have my eye on for this great new space.  The large willow star is from TK Maxx. Love it.

Excited ! Bring on Christmas.