February Style Wise



I've always loved clothes but more so when I find a real bargain.  For this months #stylewise  I have some great buys from this
weekend.  Fed up with spending all my hard earned salary on bills I took myself off to town on Sunday to have a walk around the shops to cheer myself up and see if I could find any bargains in the tail end of the sales.    This is my Tip no 1 if you can hold your nerve, you will often find an item you may covert at the start of the season is reduced by upto 70% by the end of the sales.


Bargain no 1 a planet dress originally priced as over a £100 mine for just £19.  Here is Tip no2  This dress looks shocking on the hanger and in the shop I wasn't convinced, also I would never normally pick up a dress with this pattern, but I loved the back zip detail and the sleeves and as it was in my size I decided to take it to the changing room and try it on.



Tip no 3 when you are browsing the sales you will also see the new season clothes appearing in the shops.  The trends will be obvious and worth taking note of.  Often there are many items in the sales that will carry through to the next season.  For example I found this great linen scarf at the weekend with grey and orange from Windsmoor and originally priced at £50 mine for just £15.  Orange I noticed is a big colour trend for Spring in many of the shops and grey will be around for sometime yet so its worth picking up items in this classic colour.




Teaming the scarf with the dress makes for a wonderful outfit that will see me through the cooler months of Spring.


Along with the scarf I also found this gorgeous colour block jumper in grey and black from Planet reduced from  £99 to £29 but even more of a bargain when I got to the till to discover it was further reduced to £19!



Tip no 4 Try to find items that all compliment each other.  Mix and matching items can enable you to make multiple outfits.


Another grey item, this gorgeous, slouch top from Autograph at Marks and Spencer mine for just £9.50 in the sale and perfect with jeans at the weekend.



Pretty pastels always make an appearance in Spring.  This lovely cardigan by KEW at John Lewis was in their Winter range but the colour is also in many of their collections for Spring.  It was the last one and was marked down by 70% so I snapped it up for just £14.


Black dresses are a staple in my work wardrobe all year round.  I am not a great jewellery wearer but this dress really caught my eye and luckily although it wasn't my normal size, experience has taught me to always try things on. There is such a huge difference in the actual size of clothes to the tag size these days it is always worth trying something on if you think it might fit.  I bought clothes from size 10 - 14 at the weekend and they all fit me !



Last but not least.  Tip no 5 Sign up to as many online stores as you can.  I recently received a voucher for £30 from one of my favourite online stores just for taking part in a survey.  I originally wanted to redeem it against a book and some of their home wares (minimum spend £50 to redeem the voucher) but as most of the items I wanted were out of stock I decided to look at their clothes and found this absolutely too die for jumper/cardigan it can be worn both ways.  original price £199 !!!  Mine after the voucher was deducted and including postage just £36 !  Cabbages and Roses RESULT






I would love to see your #StyleWise bargains.  Please do link up any posts, pictures, instagram etc of items you have bought, made, recycled, upcycled  and consider a real bargain.